1. General information
2. What information do we collect?
Your personal data
When we say your “personal data”, we mean any information that identifies any person, that you provide to us before you subscribe, after you subscribe, or that is contained in any other information that you provide to us (or that you authorise a third party to give to us on your behalf).
Your “personal data” may also be contained in information that we collect about you in connection with your use of the ESP website. The financial data that you provide, or that is provided to us, isn’t part of the “personal data” discussed here, unless it identifies a person. When it comes to your personal data, we comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable data protection legislation.
Information you provide
Your personal data includes the information you provide, or that you authorise someone else to provide, when you sign up for an account or sign up to receive our emails, or when you answer questionnaires, surveys, enter competitions or provide information in your account profile, on the ESP website, or during a support enquiry about you and/or your organisation. It also includes information you provide when you complete any forms which you submit to us. It also includes information you upload to your ESP account.
Examples of this personal data include your name, your email address, contact and/or employee names; and any correspondence when you contact us. It could also include your bank account details and bank transaction details (if it identifies a person).
We do not collect or process special categories of personal data, as defined under GDPR. Also, we do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal data from anyone under the age of sixteen or knowingly allow such persons to register for ESP. ESP is not directed at children under the age of sixteen. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age sixteen without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Information we collect
We collect information about your website usage, to improve our service and to understand trends to enhance and customise content. Some of this data may be “personal data”, where it identifies a person. Here’s the information that we collect and how we use it:
- We monitor patterns of usage, such as login dates and volumes of data, so we can understand how people are using ESP to develop and improve our products.
- We also monitor patterns of usage so that we can tailor any communications we may send you or advertising you may receive. For example, we may tailor your newsletter with information about product features that you haven’t tried yet, instead of features that you use frequently.
- For security reasons and to aid in monitoring patterns of usage, we may log your IP address when you use the website. This is your computer’s individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet.
- We monitor traffic information when you visit our site or read our emails, including things like page visits, email clicks, purchases, referring sites, and video viewings. We use this information to improve our website, advertising, promotions, and to understand customer purchasing behaviour.
Information others provide to us
We may receive information from others that you have authorised that third party to provide to us. This could include the initial information to enable us to create your account (e.g. your full name, your email address).
In addition to your personal data, we will also hold commercial data that you enter into ESP. You own all of the commercial data you enter or upload into ESP and have ultimate control over who has access to it. For example, if you want to give your colleagues access to your financial data, you can grant them access in ESP and limit their permissions if you wish. Keep in mind, however, it is your job to safeguard your password and account access. You must also ensure that you have obtained any relevant consents or permissions necessary for you to upload any personal data to ESP and for it to be used as set out in this policy.
3. What do we use your data for?
Providing our services
We use your personal data to enable us to register you and provide you with access to our services. It also enables us to contact you where necessary concerning ESP; to record your personal preferences; to personalise our services to you.
We may use third parties to assist us in providing ESP from time to time, and in those cases may pass on your personal and/or commercial data to them. In such cases we will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data.
Improving our services
We will also use and analyse your personal data and financial data so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business, customer service and the features of the ESP website and ESP generally. We may use third parties to assist us in doing these things from time to time, and in those cases may pass on your personal and/or financial data to them. We will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data.
We monitor anonymous, aggregated information about account and financial data so that we can produce insights about solution sales. We may share these insights with customers, on our blog or other promotional material, use them internally to improve our product and communications, or share with other interested third parties. Just to be clear – we will never identify you or your business in such communications and will never report data in such a way that you or your business could be identified.
Contacting you for marketing purposes
We may use your personal data to contact you by email, post, SMS, live chat, social media and/or telephone to let you know about our other ESP services, content, offers or product ranges which may be of interest to you. We may also use your commercial data to enable us to tailor these notifications (in order to make sure what we are sending you is relevant). We will only use your data in this way where you have provided consent, we have legitimate business reasons for doing so, or where we are otherwise entitled by law to do so. If you would like us to stop providing you with such notifications, simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the emails or contact us using the contact details below. Please note, this may take up to one working day to take effect.
We may further use, or permit selected third parties to use, your personal data to enable us to track and analyse ESP website traffic and visitor trends, improve your browsing experience and to personalise and enhance the content and advertising we display.
We may use your personal data to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject.
We shall periodically check that the personal data we store for you is accurate. If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at the ESP website.
4. Why do we use your personal data?
We collect and use your personal data for a variety of reasons. We need some data to enter into and perform our contract with you and provide you with access to ESP – for example your contact details and other information requested during the ESP setup process. If you fail to provide such data we will be unable to provide our service to you.
Other information we collect because we have legitimate business interests, for example, in:
- Ensuring that we can onboard you as a customer and manage your account;
- Understanding how our customers use our products, services and websites;
- Understanding and responding to customer feedback;
- Researching and analysing the services our customers want;
- Improving our product and better understanding how our customers use it.
In some circumstances we may process your personal data because it is required for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation.
5. Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your financial data with a third party unless you authorise it.
We may share your data with third parties in certain circumstances:
- we may pass aggregate information on the usage of the ESP website, where relevant, to maintain, improve and manage the ESP website, but this will not include your personal data.
We may also share your personal and commercial data with third parties:
- in the event that we, our business, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal information about customers will be one of the transferred assets);
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal or commercial data in order to comply with any legal obligation; to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the investigation of unlawful activities of ESP website users or relating to ESP users; or in order to enforce or apply any contract with you; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or others.
We also utilise a number of carefully selected third parties to help provide our services to you. Examples of these functions include email, providing marketing assistance and data analysis, data management, handling credit card transactions and providing customer service. In choosing to work with any such third parties, we will always ensure that the security policies and confidentiality arrangements of those third parties adhere to the same requirements we ourselves impose and expect, as a minimum. No ownership rights to the data will be transferred to any third party.
6. How long do we store your data for?
We only store your data for as long as necessary for the purposes of processing set out in this policy.
9. We don’t store your credit card details
If you are using a paid edition of our software, you need to provide payment details to start your subscription and continue using ESP. This information is passed directly to our payment service provider over an encrypted link and is never stored on our system. We handle ongoing billing by passing a token to our payment service provider that identifies your account.
10. What are your rights?
- Access to your personal data: You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your personal data and you may request a copy of your personal data by contacting our support team via our website.
- Right to change or withdraw your consent: Where you have given us consent to make use of your personal data for any of the purposes outlined in this policy, you may withdraw that consent by contacting our support team via our website.
- Right to Rectification: You may ask us to update out of date or inaccurate information we hold about you. To do so, please log on to your ESP account and update your information
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances you may ask us to erase your Personal Data. If you would like us to erase the personal data we hold about you, please cancel your ESP account.
- Right to Data Portability: In certain circumstances you may ask us to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller. In which case contact our support team via our website.
- Right to object: In certain circumstances you may object to our processing of your personal data. In which case contact our support team via our website.
- Right to restrict processing: You can ask us to restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances. In which case contact our support team via our website.
- Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
If you want to manage or disable cookies for the ESP website or any other site, you can do it by changing your browser settings. Please consult the help section of your browser.
12. Security and data storage
We take security and privacy seriously. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal and commercial data secure once it has been transferred to our systems. We adopt appropriate, industry standard data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
Where we utilise third parties to help provide our services, we will always ensure that the security policies and confidentiality arrangements of those third parties adhere to the same requirements we ourselves impose and expect, as a minimum.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the ESP website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please note that the internet is not a secure medium and although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the ESP website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
14. Getting in touch